Friday, July 15, 2011

Fricidillies

If you're like me, when you first read Fricidillies you thought, what is that?  Why, it's the name of a recipe, of course... I found this one in my little red box too.  In the top right hand corner, credit for this one goes out to a Mrs. Roy Waits of Lancaster, Ohio.

2 lb. ground beef*
6 slices bread (no crusts)
2 beaten eggs
1 c. milk
2 tsp. Lawry's seasoning

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. water
potato chips

Mix and fry in patties dropped from teaspoon.  Place in casserole.  Mix soup and water and pour over above.  Sprinkle with potato chip bits.  Bake 1 hour at 350`.

*An internet search resulted in me finding a few recipes that substituted 1/2 lb of the beef for pork.  All around there aren't too many recipes for this dish.  Wonder where it began... and how it got that name.  Just saying it makes me smile.  Fricidillies! 

The result was very good.  My husband compared it to baked steak, and the kids liked eating their "little hamburgers."  I'll be making fricidillies again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa